Advance the progress of medical science. And your career potential.
At UON we equip biomedical scientists with the knowledge and skills to improve health outcomes in our regions and across the globe. With a solid foundation in the structure and function of the human body, and practical opportunities to collaborate in scientific investigations unravelling biological, medical and health challenges, our graduates are equipped to explore a variety of exciting careers.
Whether your final destination is a cutting edge medical researcher contributing to advancements in the diagnosis and management of disease; a medical practitioner with enhanced research capability; a secondary school science teacher helping to inspire the next generation of scientists; or a commercialisation, testing and development expert involved in bringing medical innovations to the market, the Biomedical Science degree has a pathway for you.
Why study with us?
- Learn from the world's brightest minds. Our teachers are active researchers and provide students with access to cutting-edge thinking and discoveries.
- Quality facilities. Apply your skills in a purpose built $17.3 million multi-storey medical sciences precinct.
- Be career ready. With three majors to choose from, you will be equipped to shape the health and wellbeing of our society.
What will you study?
A Bachelor of Biomedical Science at UON will give you the opportunity to study a wide range of courses. You will be exposed to varying modes of study including face-to-face and online learning. We also offer plenty of hands-on experience in clinical laboratories and industry environments.
Students will study core courses that provide advanced theoretical knowledge in:
- medical genetics
These core courses maximise flexibility for students and provide a solid base of knowledge and skills in the biomedical disciplines.
Graduates from the Bachelor of Biomedical Science can work in a variety of industries including:
- medical school and allied health
- pharmaceutical/biotechnology industries
- secondary education
- research and academia.