There are 196 countries in the world. Find jobs in any of them.
The Bachelor of Commerce is a practical and flexible degree, with core courses designed to give you a thorough overview of business and commerce environments, before you specialise in Accounting; Economics; or Finance.
When you study commerce at UON, you will be equipped to make a smooth transition from the classroom to the boardroom by acquiring skills that are valued by employers.
A sense of global citizenship is imparted through international case studies and cross-cultural analysis. You will gain insight into the interplay between the financial, legal, political and economic systems and how these factors influence the contemporary business environment in Australia and across the globe.
Why study with us?
- Employers prefer our graduates. 92% of graduates secure a job within four months of graduating.
- Real-world experience. We workwith industry to create work-ready graduates that possess the skills and business acumen employers' desire.
- Make global connections. Take part in international immersions, placements, student exchange and leadership programs in countries all over the world.
- Study at NeW Space. NeW Space, in Newcastle's CBD, provides the optimum environment for you to excel in your studies.
- Build your networks. The BusCom Student Association is a vibrant student community that provides professional networking opportunities through industry partnerships.
What will you study?
At UON we maintain strong relationships with employers and professional associations to ensure that the courses and majors offered in our Commerce degree maintain real-world relevance in a complex business environment.
In your first year of the business degree you will complete subjects from a broad range of disciplines. This initial year gives you a strong grounding in business principles and equips you with a set of core business development skills before you choose your major. You will develop skills in the following areas:
- business decision making
In the second and third years of your Commerce degree, you'll undertake courses relevant to your chosen specialty. Each of our majors provide specialist skills to succeed within that field.
Commerce graduates go on to exciting, stimulating and lucrative careers in the fields of accounting, auditing, consulting, stockbroking, business analysis and academia. These opportunities can be pursued in a wide range of business, government department and not-for-profit organisations.