Business is as connected as it has ever been. To be a successful business leader, you need to understand international markets and the way other nations do business.
Our CMI and IOE&IT-accredited MSc International Business and Management with Industrial Placement course is the most far-reaching of our postgrad courses, as it provides a well-rounded knowledge of global management theories and practices. Our graduates gain the transferable and desirable skills of cross-cultural management, problem solving, adaptability and decision making that they can apply to top-calibre management roles in a variety of business environments and functions nationally or globally.
Taking a 12-month industrial placement allows you to gain work experience in the UK or overseas as part of your Master's. While the placements are self-sought, the School offers support through extra-curricular engagement with our dedicated placements team. Opting for this course with a placement takes the length of your course to up to two years.
Watch our Postgraduate Placements video here.
Reasons to study MSc International Business and Management with Industrial Placement at Kent
- Kent Business School is a ‘Triple Crown’ accredited business school placing us in the top 1% of business schools globally to be accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AASCB
- You’ll be part of a supportive community at our Canterbury campus, one hour from London
- You’ll learn from our expert teaching staff, many of which appear in the top 2% of researchers worldwide
- You can increase your career prospects through an Industrial Placement or In-Company Student Consultancy Project, or even transform your idea into a business through the Business Start-Up Journey with ASPIRE
- You’ll gain access to employability support from enrolment up to 3 years after graduation at the historic Canterbury Cathedral
What you’ll learn:
You'll learn an overview of global strategy, global value chains, international accounting and organisational behaviour, managing the multinational enterprise, within human resource management in a global context and international accounting for decision making. You will finish your master's with a detailed report with the support of a dedicated expert supervisor. At the end of Stage One, you start your Industrial Placement.
See the modules you’ll studyThe programme helped me to develop analytical skills and set an academic foundation for an international career.
~ Milan Marinkovic, MSc International Business Management, 2020.
Knowledge and understanding