The MA and other postgraduate courses in Advanced Child Protection attract national and international students with a variety of experiences in child protection. It provides students with the opportunity to access a diverse pool of knowledge in an environment that allows you to question and excel.
Reasons to study Advanced Child Protection at Kent
- Benefit from access to the Centre for Child Protection's award-winning training simulations and innovative learning tools.
- Our flexible study programme includes distance-learning and part-time options enabling you to study while working.
- Learn from high-quality video lectures from experts and leading academics.
- Online access to academic journal articles, book chapters and e-books.
- Study at a Centre which has worked in partnership with the NSPCC, the NHS, the Home Office and Kent Police (Special Branch).
- Shared learning with students who are multi-agency child protection practitioners working in health, education, social care, law enforcement, humanitarian crisis and community based organisations.
- Opportunity to share knowledge and hear the latest research in the field.
What you'll learn
Our MA gives a 360-degree perspective on child protection, introducing you to the viewpoints of academics, practitioners, organisations, parents, children and young people, integrated with contemporary research theory and policy. You'll understand the impact that technology has on protecting children, and consider the effect of the globalisation of the abuse and exploitation of vulnerable children.
During your studies, you are encouraged to develop advanced communication skills, reflective analysis and the critical use of research. We also promote the confident use of direct work skills with adults and children.
2 years part-time
Knowledge and understanding