Project Management is ever-growing and evolving as it is an imperative function to improve efficiency and transparency in modern businesses. A project manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of specific projects that have definite outcomes, time limits, and set budgets. The role of the Project Manager is evolving from day-to-day activities but also requires inspirational leadership.
The MSc Strategic Project Management course at Kent Business School is delivered by academic experts and co-developed with industry leaders. You will develop a detailed background of Project Management and strategic theory and the imperative tools and processes project managers use in the business environment.
Taking a 12-month industrial placement allows you to gain work experience in the UK or overseas as part of your Master's. While the placements are self-sought, the School offers support through extra-curricular engagement with our dedicated placements team. Opting for this course with a placement takes the length of your course to up to two years.
Watch our Postgraduate Placements video here.
Reasons to study MSc Strategic Project Management with Industrial Placement at Kent
- Kent Business School is a ‘Triple Crown’ accredited business school placing us in the top 1% of business schools globally to be accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AASCB
- You’ll be part of a supportive community at our Medway campus, 40 minutes from London
- You’ll learn from our expert teaching staff, many of which appear in the top 2% of researchers worldwide
- You can increase your career prospects through an Industrial Placement or In-Company Student Consultancy Project, or even transform your idea into a business through the Business Start-Up Journey with ASPIRE
- You’ll gain access to employability support from enrolment up to 3 years after graduation at the historic Rochester Cathedral
What you’ll learn
You’ll learn the capstone theories of Project Management including corporate strategy, leadership and change management and areas vital to a career in Project Management such as Risk Management, Agile Project Management and the Project Management Office. You will end your Master's with a detailed report and an independent research project with a dedicated expert supervisor and continue on to your placement.
See the modules you’ll study“I love the fact that our professors are industry specialists, so they have hands-on experience in what they are teaching.”
~ Sapna Tiwari, Project Management 2021
Knowledge and understanding