Finance is a broad but booming sector, working within it means you may be involved in investing money, managing it, protecting it or accounting for it. Good finance workers need a head for numbers, detail-driven organisational skills but also the ability to communicate well and work under pressure.
Our CFA, PRMIA and GARP-accredited MSc Finance with Industrial Placement course sculpt graduates who understand the financial needs and risks of enterprise and have a good handle on the systems and longstanding practices to succeed in this field. Taught by academic experts and co-designed with industry experts our MSc develops highly employable graduates. Further, our Bloomberg Finance Lab allows students to apply their learnings to real business data.
Taking a 12-month industrial placement allows you to gain work experience in the UK or overseas as part of your Master's. While the placements are self-sought, the School offers support through extra-curricular engagement with our dedicated placements team. Opting for this course with a placement takes the length of your course to up to two years.
Watch our Postgraduate Placements video here.
Reasons to study MSc Finance with Industrial Placement at Kent
- Kent Business School is a ‘Triple Crown’ accredited business school placing us in the top 1% of business schools globally to be accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AASCB
- You’ll be part of a supportive community at our Medway campus, 40 minutes from London
- You’ll learn from our expert teaching staff, many of which appear in the top 2% of researchers worldwide
- You can increase your career prospects through an Industrial Placement or In-Company Student Consultancy Project, or even transform your idea into a business through the Business Start-Up Journey with ASPIRE
- You’ll gain access to employability support from enrolment up to 3 years after graduation at the historic Rochester Cathedral
What you’ll learn
You’ll learn the capstones of finance such as foundations of finance, investments and portfolio management, financial risk management, financial econometrics and derivatives alongside modules on research methods and skills and in particular quantitative methods. You will finish your master's with a detailed report with the support of a dedicated expert supervisor.
See the modules you’ll studyMy postgraduate degree certainly helped me get into the industry, as I was able to talk with confidence about the financial world.
~ Darren Smith, KBS Finance student
Knowledge and understanding