Fast-track your career by choosing Kent Business School’s AMBA and CMI accredited MBA programme.
The Kent MBA provides students with the knowledge and skills to become transformational leaders with innovative mindsets, who understand and can embed responsible management for the advancement of local and global communities.
As a student of the Kent MBA, you are encouraged to think, question and find solutions alongside academic staff, organisations and fellow students. The Kent MBA programme builds upon three pillars; Observe, create and practice. The Kent MBA will allow you to understand organisations and the context in which they operate (observe), help you to re-interpret these organisational frameworks (create), and consolidate and apply this acquired knowledge to your own organisation (practice).
We combine rigorous business theory with relevant practical application, using:
- A Case Study-based Teaching Method
- A European Study Tour
- Consultancy and Negotiation Skills Week
- Business Start-Up Week
- Business Skills
- Business Simulation
- 1 to 1 Executive Coaching
- Guest Speaker Series (in collaboration with various organisations and clubs)
Throughout the programme you engage with organisations; small, medium and large, regional to multinational, to test theories immediately in real-world situations. You will connect with strategic thinkers with commercial flair and global perspectives. The connections you make during this time will be with you for life.
As a student on The Kent MBA, you also have the opportunity to gain the Chartered Management Institute’s (CMI) Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership alongside your degree.
Our MBA is based on our Canterbury campus. It is designed so that full-time and part-time students can study together and learn from each other. The course brings together creative minds and experienced managers who are keen to make a difference. Our intimate class size offers an environment fostering discussion and networking, led by internationally recognised scholars from around the world and by our network of successful and innovative practitioners.
You can develop an entrepreneurial outlook, an international perspective as well as a commitment to responsible management. You will also benefit from a range of value-added experiences, such as master classes and opportunities to study a language.
Kent Business School has joined forces with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to give you the opportunity to gain, alongside the Kent MBA, the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management & Leadership on the successful completion of your studies.
The CMI is committed to excellence in management and leadership. The CMI qualification is highly sought after by employers. Students benefit from access to Management Direct and the CMI mentoring scheme.AMBA
AMBA represents the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education and is awarded to only the best MBA programmes into works. Employers recognise it as an assurance of global quality.
Senior Leader Master's Degree Apprenticeship (Level 7)
The Senior Leader apprenticeship is underpinned by The Kent MBA.
The apprenticeship standard has been developed by a group of employers and approved by the government to ensure that apprenticeships are delivered and assessed consistently. It outlines the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of the apprentice.
To be eligible for the Senior Leadership Apprenticeship, it is expected that you have management responsibility, which includes formal governance/director responsibilities, and you are responsible for direction and vision, providing a clear sense of purpose and driving strategic intent. Operating as an inclusive leader, you are responsible for developing ethical, innovative and supportive cultures with the ability to deliver results.
Each apprenticeship is tailored to the needs of you (the apprentice) and your employer.
For further information contact: E: firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 01634 888456 or 888467
Please do not use the online application to apply for the Senior Leadership Apprenticeship,
MBA Briefings are held regularly. We personalise the information you receive about the Kent MBA and how it may impact your career and indeed your life. We also give you advice on gaining ‘buy in’ from your employer. All briefing sessions are held at Kent Business School, Canterbury campus.
If you are interested in attending an MBA Briefing, please let us know. View dates and register.
You can also arrange a personal meeting with the MBA Programme Director, Professor Thanos Papadopoulos.Funding opportunities
The Business School has a wide range of funding opportunities for postgraduate students, which include Scholarships, Bursaries, and the KBS Early Bird Scheme. The Early Bird equates to a 10% discount on tuition fees.
The Kent MBA scholarships include:
- Women in Leadership Scholarship
- Leaders in Sustainability Scholarship
- SME Entrepreneur and Innovator Scholarship
For more information on funding available from the University of Kent, please visit the Student Funding page.Exchange partners
Kent Business School has excellent links with business schools globally, including in China, USA, Hong Kong, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden and Italy. Our wide array of exchange partners give you the opportunity to gain international experience. Our partners are committed to enhancing their international outlook while providing excellent teaching. You will gain invaluable work experience, develop your understanding of a new culture and improve your language skills.
Our exchange partners include these top ranked institutions amongst others:
- University of Technology, Sydney
- Renmin University of China, School of Business
- University of Hong Kong
- Neoma Business School
- Freie Universitat Berlin
- University of Florence
- IE Madrid University
- Stockholm Business School
- Georgetown University.
Knowledge and understanding
You will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- the impact of environmental forces on organisations including: legal systems; demographics; ethical, economic, environmental, social and technological change issues
- processes and problems of general management at the operational and strategic level
- the concepts, processes and institutions in the production and marketing of goods and/or services and the financing of business enterprise or other forms of organisation
- the concepts and applications of accounting, of quantitative methods, and management information systems including digital innovation
- the management and development of people and the management of innovation and change within organisations; organisational theory, behaviour; industrial/employee relations, HRM, change management, interpersonal and intercultural communications
- business research methods and consultancy skills
- socio-economic conditions for business
- the development of appropriate business policies and strategies within a global changing context to meet stakeholder interests and their translation into effective performance
- a range of contemporary and pervasive issues which may change over time, such as innovation, entrepreneurship, creativity and enterprise, e-commerce, knowledge management, globalisation
- leadership and entrepreneurship processes in different organisational contexts
- an understanding of the impact of sustainability, ethics and risk management on business decision making and performance
- the international dimension, including political risk and contemporary processes of regionalisation, emerging markets, global governance and globalisation.
You develop intellectual skills in:
- critical thinking and creativity; managing creative processes in self and others; organising thoughts; analysis, synthesis, critical appraisal
- learning through reflection on practice and experience
- analytic skills necessary for the analysis of problems and the identification of appropriate solutions
- ability to plan, work and study independently and use resources in a way which reflects best current practice and anticipated future practice
- integrative capability to communicate and co-ordinate or eventually lead a team of multifunctional specialists
You gain subject-specific skills in:
- problem solving and decision making; using appropriate decision techniques including identifying, formulating and solving business problems; the ability to create, identify and evaluate options; the ability to implement and review decisions
- numeracy and quantitative skills including the use of models of business situations; qualitative research skills
- leadership, entrepreneurship, and performance management: selecting appropriate leadership style for situations; setting targets, motivating, monitoring performance, coaching, mentoring continuous improvement
- ethical and value management, applying ethical and organisational values to situations and choices.
- appreciation of the role of senior management in any of the key functional areas of organisations and a potential ability to take on such a role within business
- ability to research, identify, find, record, organise and manipulate knowledge and innovative ideas relevant to the development and management of organisations
- ability to identify and deploy relevant resources for the achievement of organisational objectives, the creation of new ventures, the implementation of innovation, and the benefit of organizations, stakeholders, and society
- ability to initiate and manage innovation and change by the development of an awareness of threats, a perception of opportunities and a readiness to reconsider current practice rather than simply repeating past patterns
You will gain the following transferable skills:
- information and knowledge; scanning and organising data; abstracting meaning from information and sharing knowledge
- effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- two-way communication: listening, negotiating and persuading or influencing others; oral and written communication, using a range of media, including the preparation of business reports
- personal effectiveness: self-awareness and self-management; time management; sensitivity to diversity in people, in different situations, and cross-cultural settings, understanding the importance of globalization; the ability to continue learning
- lead in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively within a team environment
- understand the complexities of business ethics in a global environment and act with integrity
This programme aims to:
- educate individuals to act as innovative, entrepreneurial, ethical and responsible managers to improve the quality of management as a profession
- provide career development opportunities for those with management experience, enhancing your business knowledge and understanding and professional competence
- give you a range of cognitive, critical and intellectual skills, research skills and relevant personal and interpersonal skills
- enhance quantitative, financial, and analytical skills to enable you to set and prioritise objectives, prepare, implement and monitor plans for the achievement of corporate objectives in the light of available and required resources
- bring scholarly and critical insights to bear on the subjects, activities and processes associated with the innovative, ethical and sustainable leadership and management of organisations
- support national and regional economic success via the development opportunities offered by the programme, including those related to an understanding of international business practices
- build on the close ties of the University with European institutions and elsewhere internationally, fostering cross-cultural understanding
- provide leadership development and collaborative opportunities informed by high quality, rigorous and relevant research and scholarship