The programme seeks to admit highly capable individuals able to demonstrate motivation, interest and aptitude for doctoral level study with interests in business and management research. Both home and international applications are encouraged.
- Applicants should have a masters degree in a relevant field. A good first degree may be considered instead of a masters
- Applicants should have at least three years professional experience
- Where English is not the first language, applicants may need to provide the minimum English qualification IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). IELTS may not be needed where a degree has been obtained in the UK or another English speaking countries. English speaking professional settings may be considered
- All applicants must be interviewed
- Decisions about entry to the programme are made on the basis of application, prior education attainment, interview, professional experience and research proposal
Where English is not the first language:
- Applicants need to provide the minimum English qualification IELTS level 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component area). All tutorials, supervision and assessment are in English. Other substantial evidence of English Proficiency may be taken into account
- Applicants may be required to undertake a pre-sessional English course at additional cost to ensure that they have a standard of English appropriate to this level of study. If applicants do not pass this course they will not be permitted to study on this programme
Potential applicants are strongly advised to discuss the programme and alternative doctoral study options with the Programme Leader prior to applying to ensure a best fit in terms of personal, professional and career aspirations.