About Electrical and Electronic Engineering at University of Derby
This degree offers you an excellent route into professional practice and recognition as a qualified electrical or electronic engineer, fully equipped to develop and manage demanding projects.
- This course is available part-time for direct entry to the final year only.
- Prepare to achieve Incorporated Engineer status: accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology to ensure this course gives you the relevant recognition
- Build your skills in working with machines, electronic circuits, microprocessors, simulation software and renewable energy equipment
- Study in an inspirational learning environment at our Markeaton Street site, home to our impressive new STEM Centre and featuring laboratories, workshops and the latest technology
- Gain valuable industry experience on an optional work placement as part of your studies
- Take the chance to get involved in far-reaching projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Prepare for a fulfilling career in areas as diverse as avionics, medical electronics, automotive systems, electrical power generation, mining or the rail industry
- Choose a university with a focus on employability: we are ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016)
- Our BSc (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering leads to excellent career prospects in areas such as rail, aerospace, medical electronics, power generation, food processing or manufacturing control.
Learn More About This Course
There is more information about this course available on the University of Derby website
Visit course webpage