Digital forensics and security have become crucial functions in most business organisations today. If you want a career tackling one of the most pressing issues facing our society, the BSc (Hons) Computer Forensic Investigation with Foundation Year is an ideal starting point.
- Undertake a full digital investigation project to understand how computer forensics can become an integral part of business decision-making
- Gain comprehensive knowledge of computer science together with specialist skills in investigating a range of digital devices, computer misuse and computer security
- Build your practical know-how by harnessing the latest industry software, including Encase
- Choose an optional industrial placement year as part of your course ' a great experience which will set you apart in the graduate job market
- Enhance your career prospects thanks to our educational partnership with Cellebrite: you can gain accreditation as a Cellebrite Certified Logical Operator (CCLO) and Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA)
- Draw insights from our inspirational guest lecturers representing various professional bodies including the British Computing Society
- Prepare for a rewarding future in fields such as digital forensic investigation, intelligence gathering and analysis, incident response and computer system management
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Digital Forensics and Security without a foundation year. Find out more.
Computer forensics is the investigation of computers and other digital devices to extract evidence which may point to particular misuse or criminal activity. Our BSc (Hons) will give you vital insights into all the latest developments in this important area.