Software makes modern life possible. Featuring a foundation year to build your confidence, this degree equips you with vital skills that will put you at the forefront of software development and programming.
- Prepare for a successful career in the software industry in roles such as software engineer, project manager, technical architect or chief technology officer
- Choose to spend an optional year in industry on placement, gaining hands-on experience which will set you apart in the graduate job market
- Harness cutting-edge software development tools in our industry-standard laboratories
- Learn from experienced computer scientists who have strong industry links
- Play a part in fascinating projects such as the ALICE experiment, on which we are working in partnership with leading organisations at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Plan your future with confidence: 100% of full-time graduates from this course were in work or further study six months after completing their studies (Unistats)
You can also take the BSc (Hons) Computer Science without a foundation year. Find out more.
Software is everywhere ' running everything from our desktop computers and mobile phones to home appliances, game consoles, cars, planes and industrial machinery. This degree will help you become a skilled computer programmer, adept at developing software and fully aware of the tools and methodologies that underpin software.
A thorough understanding of computer science
To be a successful, knowledgeable and highly employable computer programmer, you need to know computer science ' the subject that underlies computer programming and software development.
On this course, you will study applied computer science with a strong emphasis on practical programming skills using cutting-edge software development tools in our industry-standard laboratories.
You will be taught by experienced computer scientists and former industry professionals who continue to maintain active links with employers in the sector.