With its exceptional track record for employability and student satisfaction, this highly practical course is your route to a rewarding career working with children and young people.
- 100% of students said that they were satisfied with the overall quality of this course, according to the National Student Survey 2019
- Boost your career prospects: statistics show that 100% of BA (Hons) Child and Youth Studies graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing this course
- Gain a thorough grounding in the skills, values and knowledge you need to work with children and young people up to the age of 19
- Spend two days per week on placement, gaining invaluable practical experience in a variety of settings
- Enjoy the chance to travel abroad and view education from different cultural perspectives
- Draw on the expertise of our enthusiastic academic team and our flourishing network of employer partners
- Prepare for varied career opportunities and progression: this degree is an ideal platform for advancing to postgraduate study and training
- If you complete this course and meet the entry requirements for our PGCE Primary, we will guarantee you an interview - see below for full details.
Children's experiences during their early years create the foundations of who they become. As they mature into young people, their development is shaped by their environment, education and relationships. This course equips you for a career where you can have a positive impact on children and young people at the most important stages of their lives. Working with children and young people is also about supporting them through the multitude of transitions they make towards adulthood. We investigate the distinctive but everyday situations that children andyoung people experience in different aspects of their lives such as education, leisure, work and families and the potential impact they can have on the child andyoung person's potential outcomes.