High-calibre graduate geologists are in great demand across the world. This course prepares you for a rewarding future exploring, producing and managing the Earth's resources.
- 97% of our BSc (Hons) Geology students said that they were satisfied with the overall quality of the course and teaching on the course (National Student Survey 2019)
- Geology at Derby is ranked third for student satisfaction in The Complete University Guide 2019. We're also ranked in the Top 10 in the UK for student satisfaction with teaching and feedback (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- Take your first step towards becoming a Chartered Geologist on our three-year BSc (Hons) Geology degree accredited by The Geological Society
- Geology at Derby is ranked second for student experience (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- Benefit from inspiring teaching: our BSc (Hons) Geology course is ranked second for teaching quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018)
- Develop the skills and knowledge for a vast range of careers ' from the petroleum and mining industries to the geotechnical and environmental sectors
- Discover some of the most outstanding geology and landscapes in the British Isles: the Peak District National Park is right on our doorstep
- Gain practical experience on exciting field trips: our students have conducted studies in Snowdonia, Scotland, Tenerife and the Pyrenees
You can also take Geology as a Joint Honours subject.
*Accreditation from The Geological Society applies to the three year BSc (Hons) Geology course only