- This course prepares you for higher level roles: alongside in-depth business knowledge and management know-how, you'll improve your skills in decision-making, problem-solving, innovative thinking, analysis and leadership
- The part-time route to the HND Business and Management is specially designed so that you can fit your studies in with your work schedules, with teaching delivered at convenient times
- You can apply your learning directly to the workplace: many of the assignments will relate to your current role, bringing immediate benefits for you and your organisation
- The HND is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), which means you can achieve an additional professional qualification to strengthen your CV
- You'll benefit from our highly vocational approach, with a strong focus on real-world learning: assessments are based entirely on coursework and there are no exams
- On achieving your HND, you can gain direct entry to the final stage of an honours degree in Business Management, where you can continue studying part time
- View our Derby Business School brochure
Aimed at professionals already in employment, this course provides a flexible and convenient part-time route to a respected HND qualification in Business and Management. Up to date and vocationally relevant, it opens doors for you to advance to more senior roles within your organisation or to take your career in new directions.
The HND captures the complex and challenging nature of today's business environment. It gives you a strong foundation in the latest business concepts, theories and techniques ' and, most important of all, how they can be applied effectively to the situations you encounter every day at work.
There is an emphasis on developing your management and leadership skills so you can feel confident that you have the full complement of professional attributes to take your career forward.
Learning that fits around you
Specially designed so that you can complete the qualification over three years while continuing in your job, the HND Business and Management is particularly popular with individuals who have business experience but few relevant formal qualifications. It is also ideal for those who already have a HNC qualification which they would like to convert to a HND.
You will study at the Kedleston road site of our Derby Campus, conveniently located on the outskirts of the city centre. The majority of classes are held from 4 pm to 8 pm on Thursdays to help you fit your learning around your work schedules. You can also choose to study this course at our
The course content can be aligned with your role at work and your own professional interests. While you'll gain a broad foundation of business and management knowledge, you'll have the chance to specialise at stage two with optional modules in areas such as enterprise, logistics, marketing, HRM, economics and finance.
You'll also benefit from sharing your experiences and insights with business professionals from other sectors: our students work in a wide variety of occupations across the Midlands.
Our HND Business and Management is accredited by the premier professional body for managers, the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). As part of your studies, you will also take the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership which will set you apart if you aspire to senior positions. The Diploma is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership and takes you a step towards Chartered Manager status.
Throughout the course, you'll become an affiliate member of the CMI, at no extra cost, with access to networking events, online resources and additional benefits to support your career development and enhance your employability.
You'll take the theories off the page and put them into practice in your own working environment, raising your profile as a forward-thinking manager and helping improve your organisation's productivity and performance.
The two Business and Management in Practice modules on the HND feature assignments that link directly to your job. The first enables you to consider your company's structure, culture and communications, giving you the chance to reflect on your own role. The second builds your research, problem-solving and project management techniques so that you can consider a challenge within your workplace from new perspectives and propose a solution which has a genuine impact.
We're dedicated to your success. You'll be taught by an experienced and highly qualififed team who have expertise in all aspects of business - from finance to digital marketing. THey have an impressive track record for research and a national reputation for excellence, including recognition in the CMI HIgher Education Awards.
You can draw on the team's extensive contacts in the wider business community for inspiration and insight. You'll have the chance to hear from influential business leaders via our regular guest lectures and conferences. Through our thriving Network of Entrepreneurs and events like our annual Logistics Week, innovative thinkers will share their experiences with you.