- Study a course that's been developed with employers in the sector, so you know it's relevant and up-to-date
- Choose a specialist pathway relevant to your interests: Early Years, Teaching Assistant, or Health and Social Care
- Gain hands-on industry experience by volunteering/working two days a week in the sector.
You can study this course at Buxton and Leek College as part of the University of Derby, or at one of our partner colleges:
- Vision West Nottinghamshire College
- Loughborough College
- Chesterfield College
- Derby College
- Barnet Southgate College
- Preston's College
- Cheshire College South and West
- Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Stephenson College
- London College (2019 provision)
Developed with employers
This professional qualification is valued by employers. We'll help you to become a more confident, knowledgeable and effective practitioner working with children, young people and their families. The course enables those already working, or wanting to work with children and young people aged 0' 9, to further develop their knowledge, skills and understanding. You can choose a specialist pathway relevant to your interests: Early Years, Health and Social Care, or Teaching Assistant. You'll need to be working* or volunteering in the sector two days per week, or have a relevant vocational Level 3 qualification.
*Dependent on chosen site of study.