Combine in-depth knowledge and practical skills with strategic management abilities to prepare for a rewarding career anywhere in the world
- Boost your professional credibility on a course accredited by the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers
- Take your first steps towards coveted Chartered Engineer status: this course meets the Further Learning requirements for registration
- Cover critical issues facing the industry today, from flood risk engineering management to sustainable development
- Apply your learning to real-world projects and scenarios
- Enhance your employability - we're ranked 15th highest among all UK universities and 12th for English institutions, with 96.9% of graduates in work or further study within six months of completing their degree (HESA 2016).
- You can also choose to study the courseOnline
Explore your full potential within the fields of civil engineering and construction management with this forward-thinking MSc programme.
A broad and dynamic study programme
You will study modules of keen interest to professionals working in both civil engineering and construction. These include flood risk engineering management, sustainable development, and environmental performance management.
We also develop your transferable skills in scholarly writing, research, critical thinking, independent learning, communication and problem solving. Such skills will mean you are ideally placed to engage with continuing professional development and further advanced study in the disciplines of civil engineering and construction management.
The combination of core and optional modules enables you to tailor your MSc studies to address topics which are important in successfully achieving and maintaining sustainable built environments - anything ranging from significant property developments to infrastructure projects including highways and railways.
Raise your professional profile
Our MSc is accredited by the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation, the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors, and the Institute of Highway Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the Further Learning requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
If you want to achieve Chartered Engineer status, you must hold a CEng- accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full registration requirements. See www.jbm.org.uk for further information.