- Study a CIAT accredited course at a university which is one of only four CIAT Centres of Excellence in the UK
- Choose a course specifically designed for architects, architectural technologists, design managers, project managers, civil/structural engineers, surveyors and other construction professionals with a keen interest in BIM
- Learn how to deliver better value through integrated design and project collaboration
- Draw on our extensive industrial links and the expertise of our research-active and highly experienced staff
- Hone your skills using project collaboration simulation scenarios based on real-world practices
- Look forward to great career prospects: 100% of graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing the course (HESA 2016)
- 92% of MSc Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Project Collaboration students are satisfied with the overall quality of their course (PTES 2019)
- You can also choose to study this course online
CIAT Accredited course; a springboard to Chartership
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologies (CIAT), a dynamic, forward-thinking and inclusive global membership qualifying body for Architectural Technology.
CIAT is a membership organisation representing 10,000 members, including those practising and studying within the discipline and profession, who wish to be professionally recognised.
CIAT Accreditation implies that the programme has been assessed in terms of content, structure, resources and has met the Institute's requirements.
Whilst enrolled on this course, you will benefit from free student membership with CIAT where you'll be able to access their recourses to further enhance your professional development and enrich your studies. Upon graduation, you'll be eligible to apply for Associate Membership (ACIAT) and you will be entitled to exemptions against the educational standards of the MCIAT Professional Assessment when progressing to become a Chartered Architectural Technologist, MCIAT.
Our MSc takes an innovative approach to BIM-enabled integrated design, drawing on work-based and real-life projects along with cutting-edge technology. It offers collaborative learning methods as well as flexible modes of delivery.
At the forefront of innovation
This programme has been introduced at a time when Building Information Modelling (BIM) is increasingly playing a major role in the whole lifecycle of projects. It builds on the vision, showcased by the government in its strategic plan for Level 3 BIM, for greater efficiency and profitability in Digital Built Britain.
You will study the theory and practice of BIM as the emerging industry-standard approach to the design, analysis and management of the building life cycle.
The course incorporates an innovative blend of design management, sustainable design analysis, advanced modelling, customisation and visualisation, all at the cutting edge of technology.
You will also have the opportunity to research novel approaches and technologies for more efficient design integration and project collaboration, so that you can understand the impact of BIM on the design process and workflow requirements.
Get involved in pioneering research
You will be able to draw inspiration from – and take part in – the leading-edge research and consultancy projects being undertaken by our lecturers in the field of BIM-enabled integrated design and construction. These include the work pioneered by on projects such as SmartPoD and Retro-Tek.