If you're a professional acoustician, you can top up your existing qualifications to achieve a highly regarded masters degree - all by distance learning
- Study at a leading centre with over 30 years' experience of delivering acoustics courses
- Boost your career prospects by gaining a recognised masters degree which will set you apart within the profession
- Build on your basic acoustics knowledge and gain the high-level skills to review different methods of noise assessment and control
- Adopt interdisciplinary approaches to solving acoustic problems and draw on real-world case studies
- Undertake work-based projects which are tailored to your current role and the needs of your employer
- Choose between full-time and part-time routes to the MSc and enjoy all the benefits and convenience of distance learning
- Learn from experienced acousticians renowned for their wide-ranging consultancy work and influential research
Build on your experience
This course offers a convenient fast-track route to a masters degree for professionals who already hold the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control.
You will enter the MSc at the masters stage, so your studies will centre on a research-based investigation - either practical or desktop-based - culminating in a thesis on an acoustics topic of your choice.
Throughout this independent study, you'll be supervised and supported by an academic advisor.
Meaningful and relevant research
If - like most of our students - you are already employed in the acoustics field, the skills and knowledge you gain on the course will be directly relevant to your day-to-day work.
You can choose to undertake a work-based study which is of benefit to both you and your organisation. We will liaise with you and your employer to ensure that your study meets the right academic criteria for an MSc award.
If you are not currently employed in a Noise related field, we can provide support regarding the selection and development of a Project.
An expert team to support you
You'll benefit from the support of our friendly and approachable academic staff. Our teaching team is made up of experienced acousticians, all of whom are full and active members of the Institute of Acoustics. You'll also enjoy guest lectures by key practitioners.
We are regularly called upon to deliver bespoke acoustics courses and consultancy for industry, local authorities and government bodies. We have also conducted important research into subjects such as road traffic noise and noise associated with dog kennels.
Flexibility and convenience
With distance learning you can fit your MSc studies around your work and personal commitments. You can complete the course full-time over a year or part-time over two years.
We provide high-quality online learning materials, recorded presentations by academic staff, online tutorials and online classroom sessions where you can share your views and experiences.