Studying towards our innovative Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Improvement at Derby will:
- Enable you to undertake improvement activities in your organisation
- Allow you to study at a time and place that suits you, through online modules and flexible assessment topics
- Meet your professional and personal development needs and the Department of Health's Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF) requirements
- Explore the complexity of advanced practice by working on specific areas of your clinical practice and leadership.?
Increase your knowledge, improve your practice
If you're an advanced practitioner involved in high level decision-making and problem-solving, this course will help you to increase your knowledge, think innovatively and practically, and improve your practice.
Develop a deeper understanding of your role and practice
We'll encourage you to gather evidence, which you will then critically evaluate, in order to develop your understanding of the impact that changes could have on your role and practice. You'll also gain an insight into the dilemmas and conflicts associated with introducing improvement plans, enabling you to think strategically about planning service improvement activities.
Finally, you will take forward an improvement cycle in your workplace and use your experience to reflect on future service improvement.
Examples of previous workplace improvement programmes include:
- systematic approaches to radiography
- expanding capacity of undergraduate student on placements
- coding processes for admitting named clinician
- development and introduction of a paediatric competency training programme
- reducing DNAs for a Nuclear Medicine department.
On successful completion, you can expect to work confidently as an improvement practitioner, capable of planning and implementing service improvements in your field of practice. You may wish to continue studying at masters level, for example ourMSc Advanced PracticeorMSc Health and Social Care.
During this course you will develop your critical thinking, decision making, and autonomous practice skills.
This course is flexible, with all modules available online, so you can study at a time and place to suit you. You'll need to be working within a health care environment before you start this course.
We're proud to say that our courses are closely mapped against the health and social care sector. This ensures that our curriculum is up-to-date, providing you with the assurance that your learning is current and relevant. This does mean that we do have to respond to national changes such as government policy. As a result, some of the information about our courses may change. Please check the website for the latest information.