- Build the expertise and analytical abilities you need for a rewarding career in global business and finance
- Make strong links between the key business and economic theories and the practicalities of the real world
- Gain hands-on experience in our new Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab using real-time information and latest industry-standard software
- Raise your professional profile through placement and internship opportunities in the UK or overseas
- Take the chance to broaden your outlook by studying abroad with our international partner institutions
- Widen your networks by interacting with business experts, industry leaders and leading finance professionals
- This course is accredited by leading professional bodies the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), meaning the course is mapped against the skills employers are looking for and provides you with additional awards and/or exemptions towards professional body memberships.
A powerful platform for your career
Graduates who combine international business and finance expertise with strong analytical abilities are in great demand the world over. Highly specialised and with an emphasis on fostering your employability, our BA (Hons) International Business and Finance is designed to help you make the most of the opportunities ahead.
Ours is an academically challenging curriculum which focuses on the international financial market dimension of business but also reflects the full range of contexts within which organisations operate globally. You will gain a thorough knowledge of the major economic, financial, legal and cultural factors shaping international business today.
We develop your capabilities in applied economic analysis and equip you with all the transferable skills expected by leading employers, from problem-solving and decision-making to research and consultancy.
The BA (Hons) International Business and Finance also offers choice and flexibility, with a variety of optional modules on finance, accounting, marketing, human resource management, enterprise and logistics themes. This enables you to build a degree which reflects your career aspirations and ensures you can adapt to rapidly changing patterns of employment opportunities.
Hands-on experience in our Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab
We have partnered with Bloomberg, the global business and financial information leader, to give you access to real-time data which will inform and enrich your studies.
In our impressive Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab, you can harness the same information and technology used by financial professionals all over the world. You will be working with latest data on companies and financial markets, director profiles and analysis of current affairs from Bloomberg Intelligence. The lab is also the ideal setting to deepen your understanding of trading floor activities.
You will benefit from training by Bloomberg specialists and access to their helpdesk. You can also work towards the Bloomberg Market Concepts Certificate to add to your portfolio of skills.
Draw on our employer partnerships
Our collaborations with regional, national and international employers help keep your studies up to date and relevant. You will benefit from inspirational guest lectures, real-world case studies and practical consultancy projects.
We also offer you wide-ranging opportunities to go on a work placement or internship