Study options for this course
You will require:
- An honours degree (at least 2.2) in computing or a degree with substantial relevant content for the specialist discipline.
If you don’t have a degree or an accredited degree, we can consider your application if supported by significant industrial experience. Please include evidence of all experience you have in your application. Whilst the University guidelines on prior learning will be followed, RPL will only be recommended where applicants can present a portfolio of professional work, deemed to be of an appropriate level.
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification, for this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in any areas)*
- TOEFL 580 (paper based) 237 (computer based) or 92 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 58
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 5 for postgraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C.*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Location of University of Derby Online Learning
University of Derby Online Learning main campus is shown on the map below:
Explore University of Derby Online Learning
Click the following videos and images to expand or play