Study options for this course
University DiplomaOnline1 year
January, May, SeptemberGBP 2370 per totalGBP 2370 per total
Inline with the University’s value of extending opportunities the University Diploma in Counselling Studies and Skills is 'open', with few entry requirements.
You may be able to gain entry to the programme if you meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an interest in studying counselling
- Supply appropriate references
- Demonstrate motivation to succeed
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have the required communication and learning skills
- If you are studying full-time at an institution, you must get written permission from its Principal.
You will normally need one of the following English Language qualifications:
- GCE O level English Language: Grade C
- GCSE English: Grade C
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification. For this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0*
- TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 5 for postgraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C.*
Other English Language qualifications may be accepted and you should provide full details of these with your application.
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Location of University of Derby Online Learning
University of Derby Online Learning main campus is shown on the map below:
Explore University of Derby Online Learning
Click the following videos and images to expand or play