Study options for this course
You will require:
- A minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree or similar qualification in chemistry, biology, geology, engineering or a related analytical discipline
- A2 Mathematics or equivalent
If you don’t have a relevant degree, we can consider your application if supported by significant industrial experience within appropriate sectors. You may also be required to complete an introductory module: Introduction to Materials and Additive Manufacturing to prepare you for this MSc programme.
Minimum System Requirements
- Your computer hardware will need to meet the minimum system requirements to enable you to use SOLIDWORKS, the primary software used throughout this programme.
- Your internet connection will need to be reliable (up most of the time) and of sufficient bandwidth, at least 8 Mbit/s to allow the download of applications and designs.
If English is not your first language you will need an English language qualification, for this course you will need at least one of the following:
- IELTS 6.0*
- TOEFL 550 (paper based) 213 (computer based) or 80 (internet based)
- Pearson Test of Academic English: 51
- Cambridge Advanced Certificate: Pass
- London Tests of English: we accept level 4 for undergraduate courses
- International GCE O Level English Language: Grade C
- International GCSE English/English as a Second Language: Grade C*
*If you have a minimum of IELTS level 4.5 you can study our Certificate of Credit in English for Academic Purposes which we will accept as evidence that you are able to perform at a suitable level of IELTS 6.0. We will also accept the Certificate of Credit as evidence that you can perform at GCSE level.
Location of University of Derby Online Learning
University of Derby Online Learning main campus is shown on the map below:
Explore University of Derby Online Learning
Click the following videos and images to expand or play