Design Practices specialism is a hands-on, studio-based specialism directed at students who want to deepen their innovative and creative abilities. The specialism responds to recent industrial and technological transformations with a focus on China. Emphasizing an entrepreneurial mindset, it prepares students for leadership roles in industry.
The specialism seeks to achieve these aims by learning about:
• real-world project development
• teamwork approaches to problem solving
• analyzing culture in the context of business and technology
• understanding customers’ needs and goals
• design entrepreneurship and brand creation