This programme aims at providing students with solid coaching in Mathematics, including fundamental concepts, computational skills and modelling techniques, as well as concrete training in teaching all levels of secondary mathematics subjects to a wide spectrum of students.
On completion of the programme, students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of fundamental concepts, principles, results, skills and techniques of reasoning in various branches of mathematics;
- use mathematical knowledge to solve problems in diverse situations;
- implement the learning theories and teaching skills to guide learners to learn mathematics;
- mediate mathematical knowledge for students' learning in various learning and teaching environments;
- execute new technology for learning and teaching mathematics in secondary schools; and
- demonstrate competence in coordinating STEM education in secondary schools.