This programme aims to prepare qualified physical education teachers for both primary and secondary schools who:
- demonstrate academic competence in disciplinary knowledge of humanities and science of human movement appropriate for teaching of PE in Hong Kong secondary and primary schools;
- apply theories into practice innovatively to serve as professional PE teachers facilitating pupils' informed and active learning in Hong Kong secondary and primary schools;
- value and understand critical sports-related values and attitudes;
- demonstrate critical understanding of curricular and pedagogical knowledge and skills appropriate for teaching of PE in Hong Kong secondary and primary schools;
- master and value a variety of physical activities as well as participate regularly in contributing to healthy and active lifestyles;
- engage in on-going enrichment in professional and intellectual development concerning PE.
Despite its training at both primary and secondary levels, students of the programme need to focus their study at a particular level during their course of study subject to the quotas of the respective school levels as decided by the University as well as the projected demand of teachers at the two levels.