The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Creative Arts and Culture – BA(CAC) programme has two streams: Music and Visual Arts. Although the two streams have a considerable number of elements in common, each stream is treated as an independent choice for the purpose of admission.
This is the first undergraduate programme in Hong Kong to offer arts management and cultural studies components to complement discipline-based training in the creative arts. It aims to develop community-based artists, who are able to work across a range of established art forms and contribute to the promotion and development of the arts and arts education in the local, regional, and international cultural and creative industries.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- understand and interpret the arts and cultures from diverse theoretical and practical perspectives;
- express and create through musical, visual arts and interdisciplinary arts practices;
- make connections across the arts, related academic disciplines and cultural contexts in Hong Kong, Mainland China and other parts of the world;
- reflect on and make reasoned analysis of the needs and issues relevant to the cultural and creative industries; and
- work competently and professionally in supporting arts education and arts administration within cultural and creative industries.