After completing this course, students will be able to:
- High level of Chinese proficiency: one sentence and two languages;
- Have a deep understanding of Chinese language, literature and culture;
- Teaching Chinese Language at Hong Kong Secondary Schools and Primary Schools;
- Teaching Chinese Language with relevant IT knowledge and skills;
- Have the ability to learn for life and appreciate different values, social and cultural values;
- Working with parents, colleagues, school administrators and other professionals; and
- Understand the current educational issues in Hong Kong and actively respond to various educational reforms.
- In response to the needs of Chinese teaching in Hong Kong, we will balance the development of students' knowledge and abilities in language, literature, culture and language teaching.
- Incorporating Putonghua learning elements, developing students' fluent Chinese language skills and cultivating students' ability to teach Chinese in Putonghua, this course is dedicated to assisting students in achieving university-related language policy requirements when they graduate.
- Set up an immersion course to allow students to study at a domestic university, experience the connotation of literary culture in a culturally rich environment, and improve the oral English ability to understand the development of Chinese language education in the Mainland.
- Both subject knowledge and subject teaching are equally important, allowing students to develop their teaching skills and explore effective Chinese teaching methods in a step-by-step manner. In line with the students' interests and needs, they provide Putonghua teaching and "universal education" training.
- Systematic development of students' educational professional abilities, including school visits, school assignments, and teaching internships.
- Comprehensive secondary and primary school teaching training will be provided and students will be assigned to secondary and primary schools for teaching internships.