Every day we are hearing of ground breaking advances in the field of tissue engineering which offer tremendous potential for the future of regenerative medicine and health care. Staff at Swansea University are active in many aspects of tissue engineering.
The aim of this MSc by Research is to provide you with a solid grounding within the field of tissue engineering and its application within regenerative medicine.
This will be achieved through a year of research in a relevant area of tissue engineering identified after discussion with Swansea academic staff. Working with two academic supervisors you will undertake a comprehensive literature survey which will enable the formulation of an experimental research program.
As a student on the MSc by Research course, you will be given the relevant laboratory training to undertake the research program . The research will be written up as a thesis that is examined. You will also be encouraged to present your work in the form of scientific communications such as journals and conference poster presentation.
The MSc by Research will equip you with a wealth of research experience and knowledge that will benefit your future career in academia or the health care industries.
Recent MSc by Research theses supervised in the area of Tissue Engineering at Swansea University include:
- Quality assurance of human stem cell/primary cell bank
- The development of electrospinning techniques for the production of novel tissue engineering scaffolds.
- The incorporation of pulsed electromagnetic fields into wound dressings.
- The application of pulsed electromagnetic fields for improved wound healing.
- The use of nanoparticles in the control of bacterial biofilms in chronic wounds.
- The control of bacterial adhesion at surfaces relevant to regenerative medicine.
- The production of micro-porous particles for bone repair