The BA Spanish degree offers you the opportunity to study a major world language and discover the rich history of Spain, Portugal and Latin America, not to mention the chance to experience life in a Spanish-speaking country first-hand during your year abroad.
- Our modules include Latin American literature and culture, contemporary Spanish politics, Twentieth and Twenty-First century Spanish and Catalan literature.
- A strong Welsh-medium provision is also available.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in Spain or Gran Canaria.
- Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- Have a look at our blog to find out more information.
- At Level One students take compulsory modules in Spanish language and, for most schemes, a module on Hispanic culture designed to introduce you to the rich diversity of Hispanic history, politics, literature and film. Beginners in Spanish follow intensive language modules in their first year in order to reach a standard equivalent to A-level. There are a range of optional modules available including Gender in European Culture and Contemporary European Film.
- In the second year you continue to develop your language skills and, depending on your degree scheme, you choose from optional modules such as: Translation Workshop; Myths of Evita Per