The BA Egyptology offers the study of Egyptian Language, Egyptian Art and Architecture, Egyptian Civilisation and Egyptian History. Egyptology recently achieved overall satisfaction rating of 95% in the National Student Survey (NSS) and is now rated 9th in the Guardian's rankings out of 21 HEIs.
- Egyptology students can take the Egyptian Collection Practicum module, a four-week session providing practical experience for students on site.
- Egyptology students have the option of studying a Dissertation or a Museum project at the University's Egypt Centre.
- Egyptology students can teach beginners Hieroglyphs to members of the local community during the summer.
- Egyptology students can gain teaching experience by leading workshops for the South West Wales Reaching Wider Partnership.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- The student Society of Ancient Studies organises social and cultural events.
- Swansea University has the Egypt Centre, a unique resource which houses some 3000 archaeological objects, the largest collection of Egyptian material culture in Wales.
- History and Classics blog.
Egyptology covers the language, history, literature, culture and archaeology of ancient Egypt.