The BA History and Spanish degree covers the periods of Medieval, Early Modern and Modern History and allows you to study a major world language.
- During the third year, students spend a year abroad and can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business.
- Students can take a study trip or field project module.
- In the final year students take a 'special subject' module focusing on a topic, culminating in a dissertation.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- The History student society organises social and cultural events and has won many awards for best event or best society. Follow us on Twitter: @SUHistSoc.
- Have a look at the BA Spanish blog to find out more information.
From the Crusades to the Cold War and from Renaissance to Russian Revolutionaries, discover history in all its variety at Swansea University. Our staff are especially strong in the history of political thought, welfare and conflict, maritime and imperial history, gender and sexuality, religious history, science and medicine, and travel and migration.
The joint degree scheme also offers you the opportunity to study a major world language and discover the rich history of Spain, Portugal and Latin America, not to mention the chance to experience life in a Spanish-speaking country first-hand.
Students study six modules, three in History and three in Spanish.