The BA Ancient History and French degree offers the study of the Greek and Roman worlds and develops your knowledge of a world language, discovering the rich culture that makes France an international centre of the arts and understanding twenty-first-century France and its role in Europe.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in France. Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad in France.
- Our French modules combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture in the French-speaking world.
- A strong Welsh-medium provision is also available.
- Students are actively involved in voluntary archaeological digs nationally and internationally.
- Have a look at our Ancient History blog and Languages blog for news and information.
- The Society of Ancient Studies and French Society at Swansea organises social and cultural events.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules a year, three in Ancient History and three in French.