Mechanical Engineering at Swansea University
- Mechanical Engineering at Swansea is ranked 9th in the UK for Research Quality (The Times University Guide 2017)
- One of the top 100 departments in the world (QS World Subject Rankings and Shanghai Global Rankings)
- 14th in the UK for Student Satisfaction (Complete University Guide 2018)
- 89% of graduates in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating (DLHE)
- 12th in the UK for Employability (DLHE)
- Year in Industry + Year Abroad schemes available
- Scholarships available for outstanding students
- Professionally accredited
- Taught in world-class beachside facilities on the £450million Bay Campus
- Top University in Wales [Times & Sunday Times University Guide 2017]
The objectives of the Mechanical Engineering programme are:
- To provide students with a solid background in design, manufacturing, dynamics, material science, thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid mechanics for application within an industrial context.
- To build engineering skills of critical importance when working in industry, including the ability to break a complex engineering problem into its component parts and prepare technical reports.
- Harvest critical awareness and the ability to critique different design solutions including aspects such as environmental constraints, economy or health and safety.
- To develop computer modelling and interpret computational analysis through exposure to industrial facing project work.
- To build team working skills to reflect the working environment of multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
You may be eligible for funding to help support your study.
To find out about scholarships, bursaries and other funding opportunities that are available please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page.