If you'd like to study Cymraeg in a friendly department that has earned a world-class reputation for the standard of its research, then Abertawe is the place for you! With an emphasis on developing core skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking, studying Cymraeg in an international context with Spanish at Swansea prepares you for a broad range of career options.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- An education of the highest standard delivered by a team of enthusiastic and experienced staff
- Small classroom sizes and increased contact hours
- Funding opportunities by studying through the medium of Welsh
- Opportunities for work experience
- Two languages, two cultures; twice the opportunities, twice the fun!
- Our modules include Latin American literature and culture, contemporary Spanish politics, Twentieth and Twenty-First century Spanish and Catalan literature.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in Spain or Gran Canaria.
- Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad.
- Have a look at our blog to find out more information.
Students study six modules a year, 3 in Spanish and 3 in Welsh.