The BSc Accounting is designed for students who are clearly focused on working in accountancy. Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), this programme will help fast-track your accountancy career by giving you exemptions from key professional examinations. The programme is taught by qualified accountants with a wealth of industry and academic experience.
The four year degree offers students the option of undertaking a year long industrial placement or two six-month industrial placements. These placements are invaluable in helping the student to gain real world experience and network with leading business thinkers. Importantly, many placement companies go on to hire placement students on graduation. Students do not need to decide on application which placement route they prefer - students will have the choice in their first year of study to pick the approach that bests suits them.
- All modules are taught by our world class faculty who have a breadth of industrial and academic knowledge
- A wide range of professional accreditations to accelerate your career (ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and CFA) including full exemption from all nine ACCA papers
- Opportunity to undertake work placements in both three year (single week or summer internship) and four year (year in industry) variants
- 93% of Swansea students in employment six months after graduating
- High contact time - our modules come with a lecture (in classes sizes capped at approximately 150 students) and seminar/tutorial (in classes sizes capped at 30) every single week
- Fully refurbished facilities - we have invested half a million pounds in a recent refurbishment to our student facilities
- Scholarships available for outstanding students - click here for more details.
All of our undergraduate programmes combine a range of compulsory modules that students must study in their first year with us before giving you significant freedom to pick optional modules in later years to allow you to focus in on your own interests and specialisation.
Our BSc Accounting and Finance is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), meaning that graduates can apply for exemption from the CIMA professional examinations. Swansea also offers a number of exemptions from ACCA examinations that are possible from University study. This means that graduates of this scheme may be exempt (depending on module selection) from 8 out of 9 of the ACCA 'Fundamentals' examinations.
Swansea University offers a range of scholarships to help fund your studies, including:
Excellence Scholarship - awarded to students achieving AAA or above at A-Level (or equivalent) - £3000 over 2 years.
Merit Scholarship - awarded to students achieving AAB at A-Level (or equivalent - £2000 over 2 years.
For more information on scholarships and other funding opportunities available at Swansea, please visit the University's scholarships and bursaries page.
The School of Management also offers the Developing Futures Scholarship package, which encourages students to develop a number of professional skills whilst working with the School throughout the academic year.
Undergraduate scholarship of £2000 towards tuition fees.
Available to non-EU (International) students holding an offer to study at the School of Management.
Postgraduate scholarship of £3000 towards tuition fees.
Available to all UK/EU and International students holding an offer to study at the School of Management.
More information on Developing Futures Scholarships, including how to apply, can be found here.
Careers and employability prospects
We have an excellent track record of placing our graduates with major multinational companies and our graduate employment rate is 92%.
From the moment you arrive at the School of Management we will work with you to help you build your skills and experience to enhance your career prospects. During your time with us you'll have the chance to:
- Undertake a work placement or internship through the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN) or 'Week of Work' initiative
- Work and network with employers from a range of national and multi-national companies through our visiting speaker programme
- In conjunction with the International Development Office, undertake an Internship in India, with a company such as GE, Thomson Reuters, 3M, Private Equity or Kanvic Consulting
- Boost your skills and meet employers during our biannual Employability Week
- Complete the Swansea Employability Award
- Participate in one of our student challenges and competitions, such as the Branding Challenge, and CIM student competition 'The Pitch'
Discover how our in-house Careers Service has supported our students: