If you'd like to study Cymraeg in a friendly department that has earned a world-class reputation for the standard of its research, then Abertawe is the place for you! With an emphasis on developing core skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking, studying Welsh in an international context with French at Swansea prepares you for a broad range of career options.
- An education of the highest standard delivered by a team of enthusiastic and experienced staff
- Small classroom sizes and increased contact hours
- Funding opportunities by studying through the medium of Welsh
- Opportunities for work experience
- Two languages, two cultures; twice the opportunities, twice the fun!
- All of our modules combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture in the French-speaking world.
- Our staff are experts in film, gender studies, medieval and early modern literature, theatre studies, travel writing and translation studies and students benefit from our active research in these areas.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in France.Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad in France
- Have a look at our blog to find out more information.
Students study six modules a year, 3 in French and 3 in Welsh.