ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: AAB - ABB at A-Level with a minimum or five A*- C grade GCSE passes including English/Welsh Language. For applicants offering at least one of the following subjects at A-level: Sociology, Politics or Psychology, the typical offer will be ABB. Please note: it is not essential to have studied any particular subjects at A-level. We do not accept General Studies.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are welcome to apply.
Why take this course?
Social science draws widely on the disciplines of anthropology; business and management; economics; human geography; law; media studies; political science and international relations; psychology; social policy and sociology.
This area of study asks the difficult questions and finds answers to the big and small challenges that society faces. It helps explain local and global issues including poverty, access to education and healthcare, climate change, migration and so much more.
- The Social Science degree structure is flexible, offering a wide-range of specialist modules, in a variety of social science subjects, allowing students to tailor their degree to their future career goals while developing their individual interests.
- We use a variety of learning approaches and emphasise the development of practical skills in observation, interpretation, information processing and presentation, all of which will be valued by employers.
- A unique aspect of the degree is its emphasis on preparation for the workplace.
- In years two and three of the degree, students have the opportunity to undertake work placements in organisations such as local authorities, businesses, healthcare settings, education settings and charities.
- The degree is taught by innovative experts who have strong national and international links.
- All students will complete an independent research project in the final year, focussing on their chosen field of knowledge.
- The University's Academic Success Programme offers complementary study skills courses to help students maximise their potential.
Swansea offers a great student experience in a beautiful environment. Here are more lifestyle reasons why you should choose Swansea.
The BSc (Hons) in Social Sciences is a novel, multidisciplinary research-active programme which is designed for students who are 'socially curious'. It aims to develop graduates who have the critical thinking, problem-solving, personal attributes and communication skills needed to become leaders of social change.
Dealing with poverty, boosting social justice and tackling oppression are some of the major challenges facing our society and economy. This demands sharp social science, which asks the difficult questions and finds answers to the challenges that society faces. This social science degree is therefore aimed at people who are interested in social and societal issues; it will ask the following questions -