If you would like to develop your written and oral skills in Welsh, whether you would like to write or translate, studying Welsh at Swansea gives you the opportunity to explore the richness of our language, from the Mabinogion to the language of contemporary Wales. Studying Welsh with English Literature at Swansea University will prepare you for a range of exciting career options.
The Department of English Language and Literature is ranked 7th in the UK within the recent Research Excellence Framework exercise (REF 2014), gaining a score of 100% for the social impact of its research activities.
Cymraeg / Welsh
- An education of the highest standard delivered by a team of enthusiastic and experienced staff
- Small classroom sizes and increased contact hours
- Funding opportunities by studying through the medium of Welsh
- Opportunities for work experience
- Study the wealth of Welsh literature and language whilst experiencing the excitement of the Welsh language community in Swansea!
- The BA English Literature covers themes from the early-Medieval period to the present day, while also developing your knowledge of critical theory and the diversity of approaches to literature.
- Optional modules are available in Creative Writing.
- Specialist researchers and teachers in Gender and Culture offer modules.
Students study six modules a year, 3 in English Literature and 3 in Welsh.