NO TUITION FEES - UK and EU students are eligible to apply for an enhanced support package through the NHS Wales Bursary arrangements.
ACCREDITATION - Accredited by the National School of Healthcare Science as part of Health Education England.
EMPLOYABILITY - 100% of Healthcare Science graduates are employed in a professional or managerial job 6 months after graduating (Unistats 2016)
AVERAGE EARNINGS - Graduate starting salary of £24k on average (Unistats 2016)
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - Minimum BBB at A2 level with at least one being maths, biology, physics or chemistry. Plus a minimum of five GCSEs at A-C grade including; Welsh/English Language, Mathematics, and a Physical Science or Double Award Science.
Why take this course?
- Small student cohorts allow for a personal learning experience
- 50% of time at University, 50% in practice placements
- Clinical practice suite allows students to gain confidence and experience before moving onto their work placements.
- Many subject-specific academic staff are also clinically active and still work in practice.
- Strong links with health boards with the nearest hospital next-door to the campus.
- 100% of Healthcare Science graduates are employed in a professional or managerial job 6 months after graduating (Unistats 2016).
- Graduate starting salary of £24k on average (Unistats 2016).
- There are excellent opportunities for career progression in Healthcare Science to Clinical Scientist and Higher Specialist Scientist by masters and doctoral training respectively. Ultimately it is possible to progress to the role of Consultant Healthcare Scientist.
- Students have the opportunity to work towards the Swansea Employability Award to gain work experience and develop skills that employers are looking for.
University isn't just about studying. Swansea offers a great student experience in a beautiful environment. Here are a few more reasons why you should choose Swansea
Swansea University is the sole provider of Healthcare Science (Neurophysiology) in Wales.
Neurophysiology is a branch of healthcare science that investigates nervous system function with the aim of diagnosis and monitoring neurological disorders including epilepsy, strokes, dementia, nerve and muscle dysfunction and multiple sclerosis.
Our healthcare science neurophysiology degree has been developed to give you the knowledge, skills and practical experience to work as a Healthcare Science Practitioner in Neurophysiology.
You will develop the understanding and confidence to undertake specialist procedures in neurophysiology, including: EEG (electroencephalography) - recording the electrical activity of the brain; evoked potentials - measuring brain responses to specific stimuli; and EMG (Electromyography) and NCS (Nerve Conduction Studies) - assessing nerve and muscle function.
Practitioners work side by side with other members of the healthcare team to deliver effective and cost efficient healthcare.
Our lecturers are registered healthcare science practitioners and academic staff who are at the forefront of their discipline and continually keep up to date with the key research, knowledge and practice in their field.
You will have access to the College of Human and Health Sciences' state-of-the-art facilities which offer realistic workplace experiences, including a clinical and technical skills centre and simulated clinical practice facilities.
Take a virtual tour of the campus using the Swansea University Interactive map.
The BSc (Hons) Neurophysiology degree is currently undergoing accreditation, further information will be available shortly.