EMPLOYABILITY: 85% of Swansea University Social Policy students are employed in graduate level jobs within six months of graduating
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Strong educational profile, minimum of BBB at A2 Desirable subjects include English, History, Politics, Geography, Sociology, Law and Psychology
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are welcome to apply.
- Social Policy ranked 1st in the UK for Student Satisfaction (NSS 2017)
- Ranked 3rd in the UK for Social Policy courses (Guardian University Guide 2018)
- 92% of students say that staff are good at explaining things (Unistats 2016)
- 92% of students say that staff have made the subject interesting (Unistats 2016)
- 83% of students say that they are satisfied with the quality of the course (Unistats 2016)
- Top 20 for Social Policy courses in the UK, 3rd for graduate prospects and student satisfaction (Complete University Guide, 2018)
- 20th in the UK for Social Policy courses (Times and Sunday Times University Guide, 2017)
- Social Policy is a flexible degree programme you can tailor to your interests. Second years have the chance to take an employability module including a work placement
- Students have the opportunity to work towards the Swansea Employability Award to gain work experience and develop skills that employers are looking for
- Some modules are available to study through the medium of Welsh. Please contact Amanda Jones for further information
- Students can undertake two-week, college specific international summer programmes
But University isn't just about studying. Swansea offers a great student experience in a beautiful environment. Here are more lifestyle reasons why you should choose Swansea
Social Policy helps address today's most pressing challenges by explaining how and why societies change, and how governments and other institutions respond. Our undergraduate programme keeps pace with the ways in which globalisation, social movements, the European Union and devolved administrations in the UK shape policies in Wales and beyond.
Studying social policy at Swansea University could enable you to influence how societies recognise and address people's social needs. It would give you the knowledge and skills to pursue a career in public services, criminal justice, voluntary organisations or personnel management.
Students also gain a range of key transferable skills, including analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving, independent study and team working as well as written, presentation and other communication skills.
The course could also prepare you for further professional and vocational training in fields such as law, teaching, social work or postgraduate study or research.
The University's Academic Success Programme offers complementary study skills courses to help students maximise their potential.
JOINT HONOURS are available. Choose from:
- BA (Hons) Politics and Social Policy LL42
- BSc (Hons) Criminology and Social Policy MLF4