The joint honours German and Politics degree is offered by experts in Politics, German literature, culture, gender studies, history, translation, music and contemporary writing.
- All of our degrees combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture in the German- speaking world.
- A strong Welsh-medium provision is also available.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad in Germany. Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad.
- Students can study a 'Parliamentary Studies" module which includes sessions with members of parliament and the House of Lords, visits to the Palace of Westminster. Staff from the Houses of Parliament will deliver some classes and will be available to act as informal project advisors to students who take the follow on Dissertation in parliamentary studies module.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules, three in German and three in Politics.