The BA Public Relations and Media degree prepares our graduates for a successful career in the growing and dynamic Public Relations (PR) industry. You will learn about PR and its relationship to marketing and advertising and also digital and practical media, film and journalism. The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Public Relations.
- PR and Media is ranked in the top 5 in the UK Times and Times Higher Rankings League Tables 2016.
- The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Public Relations.
- PR and Media are top in the UK National Student Survey (NSS) in 2015 and 2016.
- The programme allows you to develop creative skills to manage digital media campaigns and direct strategic, international communications, specialising in PR. You can also study distinct pathways in digital and practical media, film and journalism.
- The BA equips graduates with generic broad-based skills to specialise in further study or essential skills for the professional workplace.
- Students have the option of competitive work-based learning or work-placements.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- PR and Media teaching staff are specialist International researchers and also ex-professionals lecturing on PR, video production, web and creative design and International journaism.
- The Media Student Society organises PR, social and cultural events.
- Students have the option of taking Welsh-medium modules.
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations approved course.
You will be taught through a combination of lectures, small group tutorials, practical sessions, workshops and online learning. You will also have the option of a dissertation on a topic of most interest to you, have the opportunity to demonstrate your PR and media practice skills and the option of a competitive work placement.