The BA Classical Civilisation and English covers the civilisation and culture of the Greek and Roman worlds and English Literature themes from the early-Medieval period to the present day.
- Optional modules are available in Ancient History, Egyptology, Creative Writing and Gender.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module.
- Students can gain teaching experience by leading workshops for the South West Wales Reaching Wider Partnership.
- Students are actively involved in voluntary archaeological digs nationally and internationally.
- Have a look at our blog for news and information.
- The Society of Ancient Studies and English Society at Swansea organise literary, social and cultural events. Follow them on Twitter or Siren, the English student blog.
- Students have the option of a semester abroad in Hong Kong or the USA.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules a year, 3 in Classical Civilisation and 3 in English Literature.