Studying French and Spanish develops your knowledge of a world language and culture.
- All of our modules combine intensive language tuition with optional modules relating to a wide variety of aspects of society and culture.
- Our staff are experts in film, gender studies, medieval and early modern literature, theatre studies, travel writing and translation studies and students benefit from our active research in these areas.
- Our modules include Latin American literature and culture, contemporary Spanish politics, Twentieth and Twenty-First century Spanish and Catalan literature.
- A strong Welsh-medium provision is also available.
- During the third year of study, students spend a year abroad. Students can study at a University, teach in a school or work in a business during the year abroad.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules, three in French and three in Spanish.