The BA Ancient History and English Literature degree offers the study of the Greek and Roman worlds and early-Medieval to present day English Literature.
- Optional modules are available in Creative Writing and Gender.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module.
- Students can gain teaching experience by leading workshops for the South West Wales Reaching Wider Partnership.
- Students are actively involved in voluntary archaeological digs nationally and internationally.
- Have a look at our blog for news and information.
- The Society of Ancient Studies and English Society at Swansea organises literary, social and cultural events. Follow the Siren, English student blog.
- Students have the option of a semester abroad in Hong Kong or the USA.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study 6 modules a year, 3 in Ancient History and 3 in English Literature.