History offers study in the history of political thought, welfare and conflict, maritime and imperial history, gender and sexuality, religious history, science and medicine, and travel and migration. Social Policy is relevant to all of us because it deals with the everyday aspects of our lives.
- Studying history and social policy at Swansea University could enable you to contribute to changing or influencing how societies recognise and address people's social needs.
- Students can study European, British, Welsh and US History and periods from medieval to modern history.
- Students can take a study trip or field project module.
- In the final year students take a 'special subject' module focusing on a topic, culminating in a dissertation.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- The History student society organises social and cultural events and has won many awards for best event or best society. Follow us on Twitter: @SUHistSoc.
Students study three modules in History and three modules in Social Policy throughout the degree programme.