Studying Welsh and Media at Swansea gives you the opportunity to explore the richness of our language, from the Mabinogion to the language of contemporary Wales and also study of media history, theory, practice and PR.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- Media incorporates distinct pathways in media, film, public relations, journalism and practical media.
- The programme combines the study of history, theory and practice that incorporates skills and techniques relevant to the modern digital media, digital journalism, creative digital practice; video production; radio production; film and public relations industries.
- Welsh offers an education of the highest standard delivered by a team of enthusiastic and experienced staff
- Small classroom sizes and increased contact hours
- Funding opportunities by studying through the medium of Welsh
- Opportunities for work experience
- Study the wealth of Welsh literature and language whilst experiencing the excitement of the Welsh language community in Swansea!
Students study six modules, three in Media and three in Welsh.