The BA Politics and History degree has an exciting range of topics that cover every branch of Politics, as well as periods of Medieval, Early Modern and Modern History.
- Students can have a semester abroad in Hong Kong and the USA.
- Students can study a 'Parliamentary Studies" module which includes sessions with members of parliament and the House of Lords, visits to the Palace of Westminster. Staff from the Houses of Parliament will deliver some classes and will be available to act as informal project advisors to students who take the follow on Dissertation in parliamentary studies module.
- This course offers the study of Medieval, Early Modern and Modern History and covers political, social, cultural and military aspects of history and not only British and European history but also the history of Asia and the Americas.
- In the second year, students can take a study trip/field project module Ancient and Historic Places.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
Students study six modules, three in Politics and three in History.