From the Crusades to the Cold War and from Renaissance to Russian Revolutionaries, discover history in all its variety at Swansea University. Our staff are especially strong in the history of political thought, welfare and conflict, maritime and imperial history, gender and sexuality, religious history, science and medicine, and travel and migration. History recently achieved an excellent overall satisfaction rating of 94% in the National Student Survey (NSS).
- Students can take a study trip or field project module.
- Students spend the third year abroad in Europe or the USA.
- In the final year students take a 'special subject' module focusing on a topic, culminating in a dissertation.
- Our students have an academic mentor who provides pastoral support and guidance on issues that may affect their well-being, attendance and progress through University.
- The History student society organises social and cultural events and has won many awards for best event or best society. Follow us on Twitter: @SUHistSoc.
The BA History degree covers the periods of Medieval, Early Modern and Modern History and we offer modules in British, European, American and Welsh History.